Sunday 24 July 2016


Sunday, 26 June 2016


July's Photo Scavenger Hunt Challenge:

Hi - I had never intended to have a blog having been quite content to just follow other blogs, especially Hawthorn's. Some of you more eagle eyed bloggers may have noticed from my comments that I am her very proud mother.  She persuaded me to enter the first Scavenger Photo Hunt in April and then I was hooked!  As we were away on holiday my May entries were too late but anyone who wishes to see my 'Hairy' encounter with an elephant or my other interpretations of May titles can see them by using this link from Hawthorn's post



I have had fun once again searching through my archives to find pictures to fit some of these topics. A real walk along Memory Lane. Thanks Hawthorn.



Reflections


Reflections of  bare trees along the River Wharf at Bolton Abbey, Skipton, look almost like skeletal hands. 


Stripe


Are these stripes in the sky the result of  contrails or strange cloud formations?  View out of our side window.



Secret






I wonder where this secret path leads?  Taken in 2005 this is Youngest grandson dwarfed by the butterbur leaves.  Today he could just step over them!



Red



A gorgeous giant poppy on our neighbours decking.  I just had to sneak on and take a picture.



Contrast




What better contrast than black and white.  I found this display of zebra related articles in Boundary Mills, Colne, this morning.  Not sure I would want a zebra on my stapler though.



Forgotten 



This very sad and lonely but beautifully soft teddy was sitting on a shop counter.  He had been left but I am sure not forgotten by some child earlier in the day. 


Soft




This picture  speaks for itself!!



Cold


We see all sorts of things outside our lounge window and I always have my camera at the ready.  This poor chap looks so cold battling again the blizzard.  Where was he going? How much further till he reached home?



Seat



This lovely rustic seat deep in long grass was photographed in the gardens above Fountains Abbey, Rippon, Yorkshire. 






Quite the opposite is this strange memorial seat in the square in Barnoldswick, Lancashire.  It is huge, not only high but very deep.  It is in memory of the founder of the local florist shop opposite and is decorated with cut out flowers and  daffodils adorning the legs but is rather OTT!! 


Own choice 



Jak sitting in neighbours' bathroom window. He had managed to get himself locked in and was demanding that we let him out!  No such luck - he had to wait till she came home! 





                                                   

4 comments:

  1. Another great set of photos and good matching to the words, especially soft! Love the rustic seat and am so glad it was not me walking in the blizzard! He seemed to be somewhat underdressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos and welcome to having a blog & not just your profile. It is fun with the photo hunting isn't it? Not sure whether it could be 'said' favourite, but SOFT sure made me laugh so much, I had to blow my nose. I love the seats & the "little" grandson looking for something. Thanks Jak. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Hawthorn's Mum :-)
    I left a comment on H's blog earlier that having an artistic eye was definitely in the DNA and now seeing your pictures it's clearly inherited. A lovely group of pictures, very much liked 'Cold" and had to laugh at 'Soft'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice one mum! Sorry only commenting now, no internet til now!

    ReplyDelete